What you’ll need:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and finely diced
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Pack of HERSHELL’S Ribs, bones removed and meat shredded; see HERSHELL’S Pork Recipes for these instructions.
- ½ tsp salt
- Coriander, avocado, sour cream, tabasco sauce to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat
- Add onion, capsicum, garlic and chilli flakes. Saute until onion is soft
- Add tinned tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook until liquid is nearly all gone.
- Add kidney beans, HERSHELL’S meat sauce, and cook gently until heated through. Season with salt
- Serve with cooked rice or tortillas, and optional sides as above.